Domino's 101: Fun Facts
PIZZA, PRODUCT & MENU:
- There are more than 34 million ways to create a single Domino’s pizza.
- Pepperoni is the most popular Domino's pizza topping in the U.S., followed by sausage, bacon, mushrooms and pineapple.
- Breadsticks were the first national nonpizza menu item offered at Domino's, in 1992.
- Domino's two-time World's Fastest Pizza Maker Werner Lomker can make three large pizzas in just 47.56 seconds.
STORE & FRANCHISE OWNER FACTS:
- More than 94% of Domino’s stores in the U.S. are franchise-owned.
- Domino's has about 760 independent franchise owners in the U.S.
- More than 95% started their careers as drivers, pizza makers or hourly workers.
INTERNATIONAL & GLOBAL FACTS:
- Domino’s stores across the globe sell an average of 3 million pizzas a day.
- Domino's operates 18,000 stores in more than 90 countries around the world (Q2 2021).
- Domino’s estimates that it has more than 350,000 franchised and corporate team members worldwide.
- More than half of Domino's sales now come from outside the U.S.
- Domino’s had global retail sales of more than $16.1 billion in 2020, with nearly $8.3 billion in the U.S. and more than $7.8 billion internationally.
- Domino's International has experienced 110 consecutive quarters of positive same-store sales growth (Q2 2021).
- Domino's largest markets are the following (by number of stores as of Q2 2021):
- U.S. – 6,426
- India – 1,362
- U.K./Ireland – 1,207
- Australia/N.Z. – 854
- Japan – 789
- Mexico – 785
- Turkey – 577
- Canada – 555
- South Korea – 470
- France – 445
- Mainland China – 414
- Germany – 366
BUSIEST DAYS FOR DOMINO'S:
- New Year’s Eve and Halloween are two of Domino’s busiest days of the year.
- Domino’s stores across the country usually see increased orders during large sporting events, such as Super Bowl and March Madness.
- Domino’s in the U.S. typically sells around 2 million pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday – about 30% more than on a normal Sunday.
TECHNOLOGY & ONLINE:
- Domino’s AnyWare is a suite of ordering technology that gives customers 13 digital ways to order – allowing them to order from anywhere, at any time, using whatever device they’d like.
- Domino’s generated more than 70% of sales via digital ordering channels in the U.S. in 2020.
- More than 90% of Domino's international markets feature online ordering.